- Director: Dr. Stephanie Meyers / firstname.lastname@example.org / (915) 747-7810
- Master Teacher: Ida Steadman
The University of Texas at El Paso String Project is a fantastic music program that offers low-cost instruction on stringed instruments (violin and cello) to children in the local El Paso community! The program provides quality instruction to children in 1st through 4th grades. Participants in the program meet for ensemble practice sessions with the the Master Teacher, UTEP faculty, and UTEP string music majors. The String Project is designed to bring the joy of playing music and learning an instrument to children earlier than they may be exposed to it in a school environment.
Due to the extremely low cost of this program and limited spaces, refunds will not be offered after January 18, 2017. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to a wonderful semester!
The String Project at UTEP will take place on Saturday mornings with two separate Group Classes. The first class will be in session from 9:00-10:15 (grades 1-2). The second class will be in session from 10:30-12:00 (grades 3-4). Private lessons for all grades will be available at a very low cost to participants, with limited enrollment.
- Please click on the "applications+forms" link under the String Project tab on the left hand side of this page to register your child online!
- Step One: Read the String Project at UTEP REQUIRED Waiver Form. Participation in any String Project activity assumes that the parent/legal guardian has read and agreed to this waiver:
UTEP String Project faculty:
- Mrs. Ida Steadman: Master Teacher
- Dr. Stephanie Meyers: String Project Director / Violin & Viola
- Dr. Stephen Nordstrom: Violin & Viola
- Teaching Assistants (TA's): UTEP Students and members of the ASTA Sun City Chapter at UTEP