Sam Donaldson Center for Communication Studies
Sam Donaldson Center for Communication Studies, established in 2002, is named after the much honored ABC news veteran - a distinguished alumnus of the University of Texas at El Paso.
What We Provide
The Donaldson Center provides academic enrichment for communication majors, communication programs to high school students, and continuing education and training for media and communication professionals.
In conjunction with the Department of Communication, the Donaldson Center fosters research collaboration with other universities across the nation and around the world.
The Donaldson Center focuses on innovative research, outreach and professional initiatives in media and communication. Major initiatives include:
- A Communiversity, offering workshops, seminars and courses for high school students and media professionals
- Internships for UTEP students in Spanish- and English-language print, TV, radio, magazine and online newsrooms
- Lecture series featuring visiting media and communication professionals from Spanish- and English-language media outlets
- Binational educational and cultural exchanges
- Workshops on timely U.S.-Mexico border topics for U.S. and international media professionals
- Support for student participation in job fairs and conferences
- Collaborative research projects
The Donaldson Center Endowment
Proceeds from the Donaldson Center Endowment support the Center's initiatives, focusing on supporting students pursuing careers in media and communication fields. The Center's inaugural event, "An Evening with Sam Donaldson," in spring 2003, served as the foundation for the endowment.
For more information about Sam Donaldson Center for Communication Studies, please contact us via one of the following methods:
Teresa Yañez, Telephone: (915) 747-7856
FAX: (915) 747-5236
500 W. University Ave
Cotton Memorial, Suite 204
El Paso, TX 79902
Copyright © 2011 & forward, Sam Donaldson Center for Communication Studies
Last modified: 11/03/11