Requirements for the BA in Criminal Justice *
The student will:
1. Complete a minimum of 120 semester hours, including at least 45 at the advanced (3300-4300) level.
2. Fulfill the general education core requirements for the Bachelor of Arts degree in the College of Liberal Arts.
3. Complete 36 hours of Criminal Justice courses including the following required courses: CRIJ 1301, CRIJ 1306, CRIJ 1310, CRIJ 2313, CRIJ 2328, CRIJ 3300, CRIJ 3313 and CRIJ 4390. In addition to the required courses the students will complete 12 credits in CJ upper division courses as electives. A minimum of 21 credit hours in the major must be taken at the advanced (3300-4300) level.
4. Complete a minor of at least 18 hours, nine of which must be at the advanced (3300-4300) level. The minor field must be selected from a discipline different from that of the major field. Credit for courses taken to fulfill the minor may not be used to satisfy the major or general education core requirements.
5. Elective credit cannot be used in meeting any other degree requirement. Electives of advanced (3300-4300) level may, however, may be applied toward satisfaction of the requirement of 45 advanced hours.
*Please note that differences may exist regarding requirements for students following a catalog prior to 2012.