1. Any non-original material used in the essay (e.g., quotations or copyrighted work) must be properly identified.
2. Essays must be typewritten in English using Times New Roman, 12-point font, APA format, and double spaced with 1-inch margins.
3. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
4. Essay must be an original work of 850 words or less that addresses the stated topic. Words in the title, bibliography, and footnotes are not included in the word count.
5. Essays must be submitted as a PDF file. You will be directed to the essay submission page at the end of a short ethics survey. The survey should take between 10 and 12 minutes to complete. Survey answers will not impact the judgment of your essay.
6. A copy of the student’s high school ID, or any other institutional document that can verify eligibility, must be added to the end of the essay. The essay and proof of eligibility are to be submitted as a single document.
7. Any persons employed by the Skov Ethics Competition on Business Ethics and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, children, and grandchildren, whether by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
8. Failure to comply with the competition rules and guidelines will result in disqualification.