2015 Skov Ethics Essay Competition Rules & Submission Guidelines
- Original work of 500 words or less that addresses the stated topic. Words in the title, bibliography, and footnotes are not included in the word count.
- Any non-original material used in the essay (e.g., quotations or copyrighted work) must be properly identified.
- Essays must be typewritten in English using Times New Roman, 12-point font, APA format, and double spaced with 1-inch margins.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- Essays must be submitted electronically as a PDF. You will be directed to the essay submission page after completing a short ethics survey. The survey should take between 5-10 minutes to complete. Please go to: https://utep.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9ZxCcO3snKCkKMJ to take the survey and submit your essay.
- A copy of the student’s high school ID, or any other institutional document that can verify eligibility, must be added to the end of the essay. The essay and proof of eligibility are to be submitted as a single document.
- Failure to comply with the competition rules and guidelines will result in disqualification.