Visiting Assistant Professor
Ph.D., Texas A&M University, 2012
M.A., Hispanic Studies, Texas A&M University, 2010
M.A., University of New Mexico, 2003
B.A., University of Texas at El Paso, 1999
- "The Philosophical Foundations of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Stoicism, Buddhism, Taoism, and Existentialism," (co-authored with Edward Murguia) Journal of Evidence-Based Psychotherapies 15.1 (March 2015): 39-52.
- "Mariátegui's Myth," APA Newsletter on Hispanic/Latino Issues in Philosophy 13.1 (2013): 18-22.
- "U.S. Border Wall: A Poggean Analysis of Illegal Immigration," Philosophy in the Contemporary World 17.1 (2010): 1-12.
- "Mexican Immigration Scenarios Based on the South African Experience of Ending Apartheid" (co-authored with Edward Murguia), Societies without Borders 3.2 (2008): 209-227.
- "Dewey and Freire's Pedagogy of Recognition: A Critique of Subtractive Schooling," Pragmatism in the Americas, edited by Gregory F. Pappas. New York: Fordham University Press, 2011.
- "Latin American Identity," "Flores Magón Brothers," "Lukumi Babalu Aye," "Santeria," "José Vasconcelos," and "La Raza," Encyclopedia of Latino and Latina History, Facts on File 2015 (forthcoming).
- "Lived Experience" (469f), "Process Philosophy" (617-620), American Philosophy: An Encyclopedia, edited by John Lachs and Robert Talisse (2008).
- "Manuel Antonio Noriega" (797ff), "Rafael Leónidas Trujillo Molina" (1042f), Great Lives from History: Notorious Lives, edited by Carl L. Bankston III (2007).
Work in Progress:
- "Awareness and Trust in Paulo Freire's Conscientização."
- "El signficado del pesamiento politico de Luis Villoro para los Estados Unidos de Norte America."
- "Evaluation of Current Immigration Policies Per Mexican Immigration Scenario Model." (co-authored with Edward Murguia)
- "Mental Health Analysis of Incarcerated Adults." (co-authored with Edward Murguia)
- "Paulo Freire" Biography. Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy, edited by James Fieser.
- Paulo Freire's Political Philosophy.
- The Power to Help: Luis Villoro's Political Philosophy
- PHIL 1301-00X: Introduction to Philosophy
- PHIL 1304-001: Logic