(The Accelerated Professional, Relevant, Integrated Medical Education)
High school seniors interested in attending medical school
Through A-PRIME TIME students have the opportunity to complete an M.D. in as few as 6 years, in contrast to the traditional 8-year pathway. The A-PRIME TIME program at UTEP is designed to integrate an accelerated undergraduate and medical school curriculum that will provide students with mentored training in the sciences, social sciences, and humanities along with clinical experiences and professional identity formation. A-prime offers a cost-conscious and exceptionally relevant option for future physicians who will be trained to serve in the modern healthcare environment.
Benefits of participating in A-PRIME TIME include:
- Earn your Bachelor and Medical degrees in as few as 6 years
- Undergraduate summer programs in coordination with the medical schools
- Opportunities to participate in biomedical research
- Save one year in medical school tuition
- Supervised clinical experiences, faculty mentoring and more!
To learn more about A-PRIME and the application process please visit: