Preparing for Orientation
At orientation you will connect with your advisor and register for classes. Follow current students to see what being a Miner is all about. Learn about your major and the opportunities available to you as an undergraduate. Discover student services and resources that UTEP has to share with you. And uncover UTEP opportunities, services, and programs that will benefit you as a student leader and your future career path.
Need somewhere to stay during orientation?
If you need somewhere to stay during your orientation, please contact Jewell Palmer-Rosales, Property Manager for Student Housing, at (915) 747-5903 for rates and availability. All request must be made at least two weeks prior to your orientation session.
Items you need to bring with you during your orientation session:
• Writing utensils
• Photo ID
• Copy of your credit evaluation or latest transcript for your reference during advising and registration if you have taken dual credit courses
• A laptop or tablet to learn more about navigating through My.UTEP.edu (highly recommended if you have one)
• Evidence of immunization against Bacterial Meningitis (If applicable)
• Money for snacks and lunch (Meal combos range from $6 - $8)
• Comfortable clothing and shoes (We will be walking all around campus!)
• Bottled water (suggested)
• Sunscreen (suggested)
• Umbrella (suggested)