UTEP Logo The University of Texas at El Paso UTEP Building

Office of Admissions & Recruitment


Information. Resources. Services.  

Welcome back! If you're returning to UTEP after a break of one year or more, re-apply for admission. 

You are considered a Returning Student if you:

■ Have not attended UTEP for more than a year and are interested in returning
■ Are interested in pursuing a second bachelors

Took one semester off?

Applications to UTEP are valid for one year. If you took one fall or spring semester off, there is no need to re-apply. Prior to registering for classes, log in to Goldmine to view any financial or academic holds. 

Details about Readmission

UTEP undergraduate: same major?Read More

To be admitted under the same major, apply at ApplyTexas. If you have attended other colleges or universities since last attending UTEP you must submit complete official transcripts in order to evaluate any work course completed.

UTEP undergraduate: different major or non-degree seeking status?Read More

To be admitted under a different major or as a non-degree seeking student, first apply for admission at ApplyTexas. Once admitted, contact the academic dean's office of your new major for change of major requirements. 

UTEP undergraduate: interested in a graduate program?Read More

For more information, visit Graduate School.

UTEP undergraduate: on academic probation/suspension?Read More

Contact the dean's office of your school or college for eligibility.

Academic Fresh Start

For more information, visit College For All Texans.

Ask Pete

Can't find what you're looking for?
Ask real questions like "How much is tuition?"

Tell Us What You Think

Give us your feedback.


UTEP Logo Miner Logo

State Reports | UT System | Customer Service Statement | Site Feedback | Required Links | CLERY Crime Statistics | Report Fraud
The University of Texas at El Paso | 500 West University Avenue | El Paso, Texas 79968 | (915) 747-5000